Monday, July 8, 2019

WOO I love Taguig!





pictures:
*The Fajardo Family
*On visits with Krystal and a girl they're teaching (sorry, I forgot to get her name from Sydney)
*Sister Gajete
*Sister Stewart's new area covers the islands and a portion of the mainland
*The Dua Family

sydney.stewart@missionary.org

OK SOOOO first off, I've got to tell you my highlight this week. Drum roll please!!!..... I ATE A BURRITO!!!!!! Oh my gosh so we found this restaurant at the mall that has delicious burritos. I was so giddy eating it. I had been craving one ever since I got here 5 months ago.

Tapos, this week was transfer week! I am soooo stoked for where I'm going. I'm gonna miss Taguig a lot, of course. We went around and said goodbye to the people who have made it so wonderful. We received the transfer call at about 10 last night and I was so incredibly anxious the whole time waiting. When they told me Siniloan, I literally squealed for joy!! It's the only part of San Pablo mission that broke off into Antipolo mission. I don't know a lot about it, but what I do know is that there are only 14 missionaries over there and it's considered a district rather than a zone. It is the biggest "zone" geographically because it's province (meaning rural). I don't know where I'll be serving in Siniloan, but there are little islands!! I'm so excited.

Something really awkward happened this week. It would've been funny, but no one laughed so it was just awkward. So remember this whole Tagalog thing? How I'm speaking a language that's not my own? Well, we were talking to this kid named John and we asked him who's at his house and he said kuya (meaning older brother) only. He said "nagliligo po siya" and I said "Great, we will help him!" Oh my stars. I thought he said "naglalaba po siya" which means he's washing laundry. But he actually said he's SHOWERING!!!! URGGGhhh. My companion looked over and was like really we're gonna help him shower? Sooooo awkward. 

I love you all so much. Don't forget that your Heavenly Father loves you too. AND when you're having a hard time, count your blessings. Ingat po kayo!

Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment