Monday, May 27, 2019

Sister's Conference, Elder Renlund, Transfers!!




Email Sister Stewart.  She'd love to hear from you: sydney.stewart@missionary.org 

pictures:
*Sister Baptista (one of her roommates who is being transferred😢)
*Sister's Conference
*Nanay Norm's BAPTISM!!!!

Hello everyone! Sorry for no email last week. I hope you all know how much I love you and please let me know if there's anything I can ever do for you!
This week was very busy. We had a sisters' conference which was so much fun! All the sisters in the whole mission came and we got to hear the senior sister missionaries and President and Sister Koster speak to us. They are such an inspiration to me and although they've been through hard things in their lives, the strength they have today testifies of why God puts us through those heart wrenching times. 
We had the privilege of hosting an Apostle of the Lord, Elder Dale G. Renlund. He spoke to us truly the words of God, you could feel it. Funny thing: when we got to shake hands with him, we were supposed to tell him our name and where we're from. As my hand was in his, I completely forgot my name, where I'm from, even his name!! It was funny I said "um" before almost every word I said. I'm such a dork.
We had Nanay Norma's baptism on Saturday!! Sobrang masaya. Ang cute niya! And yes, I am a giant. I found out that I am the tallest sister in the mission when we lined up for our mission picture. I'm probably the tallest woman in this part of the Philippines! Haha
This week is transfers week, and so I had to say goodbye to my beautiful Ilocana trainer, Sister Gaspar. But now I get to welcome Sister Gajete and lead the area! I am very excited. I haven't met her yet, but I'm sure she's awesome. She's from Bacolod, Philippines and she is only one transfer ahead of me. 
So Tagalog... Tagalog is a very difficult language. Haha it's definitely one of the biggest feats I've ever tried to conquer. But man oh man, my Heavenly Father has helped me so much! I don't feel nervous anymore and I can truly say the things I want to say. My vocabulary is very limited, but I can snake around the subject and eventually get to the point. I can understand so much better, too. I feel like I am way farther along in the language than I thought I would be at this point, and I know it is only because of Divine help that I receive every day. So just know, whatever challenge you are tackling right now, you can do it if you rely on Him! If I, Sister Stewart, can speak Tagalog, you can DEFINITELY do what you need to. God is waiting eagerly to bless us, all you've got to do is ask through prayer.
Mahal na mahal ko po kayong lahat,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment