Monday, May 6, 2019

Dead Pigs and Selfless People

 *Sydney isn't joking when she says she's followed around everywhere.  This is a typical throng of kids that gather to stare at 'Snow White'. HaHa
 *Cute little Jhorline
 *Nanay Norma's grandson
 *Sister Gaspar in front of Nanay Norma's house
 *Sydney got to reconnect with her MTC companion, Sister Vaiaoga!
*She also got to see Sister Doney again (from our home ward).

Hi everybody!!! I am so happy, as always. I had an awesome week.
First of all, we had 7 people at church! It keeps getting better!! We are so blessed! Nothing makes me happier. And we have hopefully two baptisms next week! Nanay Norma and her granddaughter Hannah.
First, I have a really sweet and simple story, and then just some interesting/weird things that I got to see haha!
So Hannah, mentioned above, we visited a couple days ago. It has been insanely hot of course. Over 90 degrees in our house. So anyways, as we were teaching them, Hannah had brought out some pieces of cardboard for us to fan ourselves with. I noticed that as she sat there, she did not even once fan herself. She had her little piece of cardboard facing everyone BUT herself. I thought that I was being thoughtful by occasionally turning mine towards Nanay Norma, but when I saw Hannah not even once think about her needs, I was stunned. The selfless act of this young girl was so simple but somehow so impactful sa akin. Let us all strive to be like Hannah who really was being like the Savior. Think of how much better the world would be if everyone was selfless like this. Don't be like me and occasionally fan your neighbor. Try to always fan your neighbor. Look outside yourself before you look in. Don't let it be a second thought, but your first.

SO on the complete opposite end haha, I saw some interesting things. I got to watch a VERY freshly killed pig be shaved in someone's backyard. I really wish I had a picture, but I was probably already weirding everyone out by how intrigued I was. We went and taught a lesson, and when we walked back by, they were now roasting the whole pig on a fire. It was so cool to me for some reason! Then, this is kinda gross so if you get grossed out easily maybe stop here haha! On a jeepney, this women got on with this little tiny new kitten in her arms. I thought oh my gosh, how cute! So of course, I was watching it. It started licking the woman's chin and it was still like awe cute... BUT to my absolute stunment (I know that's not a word) the woman then tilts her head and STICKS HER TONGUE OUT so that the kitten could kiss it! Oh my heavens, my companion and I were shocked. She then continued to French kiss her kitten the whole way. I have never seen anything like this. Everyone on the jeepney couldn't believe it. So yeah, super gross, but at least I warned you right?? Haha mom you can edit this story out if you think it's too much lol. I also got to see full on marching bands and fireworks for the elections coming up. Why aren't elections in America fun like this!?

Thank you for all your examples, emails, and prayers! Please remember who you are and don't forget to read that one book I'm always bugging you to read ;) It brings miracles, I'm telling you!
Love,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment