Friday, February 1, 2019

Week Tatlo!

 The Zone!! We're known for being the most obedient :)
 When the kind people sent pictures to our mothers and gave us cookies
 Me trying to memorize the First Vision in a language I don't know wooo
This is what our schedule looks like.  This is the schedule for next week.
Mga kaibigan at pamilya!!

I love you all and I pray for you! I hope all is well. Thank you for
all of you who have emailed me. I’m able to read them throughout the
week and each one is soooo exciting and very appreciated!!
For anyone who doesn’t know what some of the weird words I say and
stuff like gift of tongues or Spirit or something haha go to
Mormon.org and you can just search anything on there!:)

This past Sunday, I was able to give a talk in Tagalog in sacrament
meeting and teach a lesson in our district council. The talk I gave
was on baptism and I had a very strong feeling I was going to speak so
when he said my name over the pulpit, I was not surprised. Although I
was mostly concentrating on the language, people told me after that
they were able to feel the Spirit. The Gift of Tongues is real!

My lesson was actually a really awesome experience. We talked about
seeing ourselves as God sees us and the Holy Ghost filled the whole
room. The coolest part was when I was testifying, the words I was
saying were not my own! I didn’t even think about what I was saying,
it just came. I know it was what they needed to hear and what I needed
to hear. My companion did the same thing. Her testimony is so strong.
She is such a good example to me. Oh and by the way... this lesson was
in mostly English!

My favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon is Alma 26:12 which says
“Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore
I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things”. In His strength, I do everything. This
week, the thing I pondered about most was how much I rely on Heavenly
Father and my Savior. We would be nothing without Them. We would
always be sorrowful... never finding relief from our challenges. We
would not be able to be cleansed of our sins. We would gradually and
quickly get farther and farther away from ever finding joy. But with a
Savior and with our Heavenly Father, we are loved beyond measure. We
can find rest. Their arms are always opened wide for us, all we need
to do is fall into them.

I got to teach our first TRC lesson on Monday! These people are
typically returned missionaries who speak Tagalog. No English is
allowed of course, and you just get to know them and share a message.
We talk about how families can be together for eternity, and it was
really neat! One of the women we taught had a baby with her 😍

Tagalog is crayyyyzzzayyyy right now. We have to memorize 72 words a
day, 15 phrases a day, and the First Vision by Sunday. I’m almost done
with the first vision but I have to say it so so slowly and think
about every word hahah! As for the other goals....well, I just try my
best! It’s so much work haha. But I’m definitely getting help from
above and can see it in every lesson I teach! It still blows my mind
when I can understand what people say to me hahah.

The weeks are speeding up! Yayyy!! I can’t wait to be in the
Philippines but I do love it here. We got to hear from Elder Holland
which was amazing!! He gave us missionaries a much needed pep talk and
also discussed the importance of obedience. The devotionals here are
sooooo awesome I love it!

I love you! Please pray and thank Heavenly Father for all that He has
given you. Magandang hapon!
Ingat,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment