Friday, February 15, 2019

Week Lima! WOW

Sister Stewart has a new email address: 
sydney.stewart@missionary.org
Matching skirts with Sister Delarosa

KAMUSTA! MAGANDANG HAPON! MAHAL KITAAAAA!
It’s Sister Stewart here and GUESS WHAT!? We got our flight plans
today! We leave for the Philippines on February 25. Nope nope no I
couldn’t be any more excited!! I’ve been so pumped for this since the
day I got my mission call.
Funny story for y’all. So you know how weird things happen to me
fairly frequently, like being deported from India for example? Well...
on Sunday, we come home. I go to the bathroom (TMI-tell more
information? ok) and I hear this alarm. It sounded distant so I was
like oh it’s probably just the building next to us. But then my
kasama, Sis. Vaiaoga runs in and says “kasama! It’s going off in the
rooms!” Imagine the loudest sound you’ve ever heard multiplied by 30.
So I was like alright you guys let’s be smart and evacuate like normal
people would. So we walk outside (it’s snowing) and are immediately
confused because no one else evacuates!! So we waited for a little bit
and then decided to go back in. It turns out it was ONLY IN OUR
ROOM!!!!!! Of course! 😂 So then we call the front desk and tell them
and they had US knock on everyone’s doors and tell them to evacuate to
the floor below. I got to be that annoying person who went into the
bathroom where people were showering and be like “umm get out ASAP and
leave” so that was fun. So here we all are, gathered in the hallways
of the second floor all because of our room. After about an hour, they
cleared it and so everyone was able to go back upstairs BUT it took
yet another hour for them to figure out how to turn the faulty alarm
off. So we got to bed PAST 10:30 😭 sad day hahhaha but quite funny.
We got to hear from another general authority this week, Elder
Soares!! It was awesome. All the devotional really put into
perspective for me just how important missionary work is. I am so
blessed to be here. He told us about how we are constantly prayed for
by the prophet and by the 12 and something that he said struck me. He
said “not only do we love you, but we trust you.” Hmmmm.... it’s
strange that we’re all a bunch of 18,19,20 year olds and yet we’re
trusted by prophets and apostles to do the most important work that
can be done. Pretty crazy, but I’ve realized that maybe it’s because
we are actually the best for the job. I have seen the strongest of
testimonies from these young people and have witnessed so much power
and Spirit in the words that they speak. This really is the chance of
a lifetime to be surrounded by the Spirit day by day and be edified
and have my testimony strengthened every day.
Tagalog is AWESOME. I love the language. It is HARD though, don’t get
me wrong. Really hard. I can’t even say anything that isn’t Gospel
related haha. But it’s beautiful and it’s super cool!! It is nothing
like Spanish, y’all are liars;) Haha just kidding. There are some
borrowed words from Spanish but that’s about it. It’s definitely not
Latin based, the structure is soooo different! Very unique. I
absolutely love it.
Hmm what else... I love you all! I pray for you everyday. Thank you
soooo much for those of you that sent me cute Valentines and packages!
I am the most spoiled missionary EVER.
Mahal Kita,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment