Friday, February 8, 2019

Linggo Apat!





Hello po everybody!! It’s Sister Stewart here.
This week, I promise to keep my email short! Sorry they’ve been soooo
long lately haha just exciting things to tell!
So I got to see Elder John Hellewell yesterday so that was AWESOME!!!!!
He’s one of my best buds from high school and my previous ASB
president:) I also saw my cousin and cousin in law who work here
YAYYYYYY!!!!!!! It’s so exciting to see people I know!
Tagalog is hard. There’s so many types of verbs and depending on the
type you use, it changes the sequence of words in the sentence. Urgh.
We had to do this oral assessment thing on the computer and I was
literally just laughing at myself the whole time because I didn’t know
how to say ANY of it! Oh well... I know I’ll get there someday!
New people came to our branch YAYYYY!! By the way, I don’t know if
I’ve  told you this, but our zone owns the volleyball court;) It’s
mandatory for everyone in branch 16 to play. It’s so much fun, it’s
one of my favorite things we do here!
Hmmm what else... Our district is singing on Sunday. We’re singing
“Come Follow Me” half Tagalog/half English and everyone literally
whispers it when we practice so I feel like I’m singing a solo.
Please, any advice to get them to sing louder would be greatly
appreciated!
We had an AMAZING devotional by Sister Joy D. Jones, the primary
general president. It was seriously one of my favorites so far. Her
husband spoke too and he told his conversion story. In high school, he
started attending seminary just because he was curious. His parents
were chain smokers and so he always smelled like smoke. He later found
out that no one ever talked to him in that seminary class because they
thought he was a smoker. Please please PLEASE don’t judge! Who cares
if someone smokes or doesn’t. The choices they make don’t define their
worth. Another thing that I loved was when Sister Jones spoke about
the children all over the world that she’s responsible for. They are
being bombarded with things in this world that people that young never
had been before. She told us to help her by sharing our testimonies
more with our siblings and showing them what it’s like to be a
missionary for Jesus Christ.
I’ve started realizing more and more how important my role as a
missionary is. This is the most important work on the earth, and I get
to be a part of it. I know that God loves us. I know that families can
be together forever. I cannot wait to tell the world that amazing
news! That the literal church that Jesus Christ established is back on
the earth. God’s plan of happiness is beautiful. The message I carry
in those small blue books is priceless.
I love you all. Don’t forget that power comes with prayer. Any
question you have, anything you’re struggling with, talk to Heavenly
Father in prayer. He’s waiting to hear from you, I know it.
Mahal Kita,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment