Monday, October 14, 2019

Life is an Adventure!





pictures:
*A service project with machetes! 
*Team work makes the dream work
*Priscilla and her cute girls
*Rheysa made this puppet of her as a future missionary for a school project...she reminds me so much of my cousin Libby
*Just popping in to say hello



sydney.stewart@missionary.org

We got to watch General Conference! WOOOOO!!!! One of the coolest realizations that I had was during Elder Uchtdorf's talk... that life really is one big adventure!
So here's what my life adventure here on the mission looks like:
  • We sometimes hike up mountains to get to people's houses
  • I've seen fireflies for the first time in my life!
  • Everyday I get multiple men who I don't know telling me that they love me...
  • Dogs are no longer cute in my eyes... almost all the dogs here have their skin falling off from whatever weird diseases they have
  • I'm learning so much everyday, especially about myself
  • The market is a fun place where you get to stare hanging pig heads in the eye
  • Food is a HUGE deal here, especially to my companion. I swear half of her thoughts are what she's going to cook later:)
  • Tricycles are literally like going on a roller coaster ride everywhere 
Life is pretty great here in the Philippines, but the word adventure doesn't mean things are easy. I know that whatever your adventure looks like, it isn't easy. But when you do what you're supposed to and keep on trekking, you'll reach a destination more beautiful and amazing than you can even imagine! I love you all. Keep pushing through and don't forget to notice all the magnificent things around you along the way. 
Love,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment