Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Hello po from the Philippines!!

 pictures:
*Sydney sitting on the back of a jeepney (their taxis) with a bunch of cute local kids
*Little May May in Sydney's neighborhood 
*Nanay Norma that she talked about a few weeks ago (Syd's a GIANT there)


Sobrang masaya po ako!!!!! This week has been interesting... my poor companion has been really dizzy and so there were a couple days where we stayed home while she rested. We thought maybe her eyes were the problem, so one day we traveled far to get them checked, but apparently there's nothing wrong there! It's hard for me because I love to work, but I'm just praying that she will feel better and it won't be anything serious.
While I have been home, I have gotten extra time to study. On Friday, I prayed before my study that I would read something that I need to hear, like I always do. I then noticed a pile of Liahona magazines that someone left on my desk. I was going to go put them away, but I decided I'd skim through them first to see if there was anything that interested me. The first one I picked up, as I flipped the pages, I saw a picture of my cousin Porter! It was Elder Neil L. Anderson's talk from the 2015 General Priesthood Session of Conference titled "Faith is not by Chance, but by Choice". He talked about how faithful my cousins were through the hardest trial anyone could face of losing their parents and siblings to a plane crash. To read my cousins' powerful testimonies was exactly what I needed. Heavenly Father is so aware of us. He answers my prayers time and time again. To see the pictures and read the inspiring words of Porter and Zane, amazing missionaries who I look up to, brought me to tears. I know that God is so present in our lives. He put that magazine, published years ago, right into my lap. 
Sorry about no email last week. I was stressed trying to figure out pictures, again with no success:( BUT today, meron!!!!!! YAYYYYYY
I love you all!!! Ingat po kayong lahat!
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment