Sunday, March 17, 2019

Camera Troubles

These are some pictures from Sydney's companion's camera. 


Hi everybody! I am so sad, I have amazing pictures to send but I cannot get it to work :( I'll try again next week. 
I am running out of time. Please know how much I love you all and how grateful I am for all of your support and prayers. 
I am surrounded by amazing people. The missionaries in my district are such good examples to me, and the people we are teaching are so happy despite the incredibly hard things they are going through. Nanay Norma is someone we really focused on this week. Her house is falling apart due to termites and she has ran out of money almost completely. Truly her challenge day by day is trying to get food for her family to eat and trying to pile up some wood pieces to make walls for her house... can you imagine? Yet she is the sweetest lady ever and one of our best friends. Her faith in the Savior is so strong and truly inspirational. My companion and I have done everything we can to help her. Sister Gaspar told me the other day, "I wish we could help her more, but what can we do? We're just missionaries." I realized then and there that we can help her more than anyone else could. Even if she had a standing house and food for her family to eat, she would not find true happiness without the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The knowledge that we missionaries and members hold is far more valuable than anything in this world. It is priceless. I love to think about Nanay Norma and how every tear she sheds and every drop of sweat from her brow will account for more and more blessings in heaven as she keeps enduring it well.
Our trials and troubles are blessings. No matter what. Even if its hard to see the blessings right now, keep going. Endure it well. How blessed you will be. If you can't see it in this life, imagine how in awe you will be at the size of your mansion above. Your tears of sadness in this life will turn into tears of love and gratitude to your Father in Heaven. I can now say that I am grateful for every single trial I have gone through in my life. Why does God let bad things happen to good people? Because He loves us. He wants us to grow and to find joy. I believe this with my whole heart. You can do it. God knows much more about yourself than you do. You are strong with Him by your side. I know this to be true.
I love you all and I am grateful for the examples you are to me.
Ingat po,
Sister Stewart 

No comments:

Post a Comment